H96 Pro+ S912 Standby mode

:heart_eyes: thx again

the u-boot is .tar.gz i just have to make an update ? Am I right?

I made something wrong I just BRICKED my boxā€¦

Google: amlogic s912 bricked

Yes I am on the way
I have already the stock rom ,
the usb cable (male-male)
looking for usb burning tool for macā€¦

Thanks for figuring that out. I spent some time studying rather opaque examples of update alternatives without feeling that I understood what was really needed for this case.
Any chance you can update the Wiki to reflect the things mentioned in this thread:

1. The reference to the instructions in the khadas/u-boot that provide the base build procedure.
  2. The ways to get past the rather ancient environment that is required to make those instructions literally accurate, i.e. the means of adjusting the instructions for 16.04 or 18.04?

I realize that those that are already steeped in the lore of this project might make the right assumptions or have the right configuration already installed, those of us without those advantages would benefit from more complete build information.
Thanks again.

No Such Thing.
You might try Downloads ā€“ Oracle VM VirtualBox
I have an old Mac Mini with Bootcamp Windows 7

Hey thereā€¦
Im a bit confusedā€¦
I just made my minix u9 working great with coreelec but the CEC thing is driving me crazy.
As I got it in these posts, the u boot should help me.
I am not in linux thing but I kinda get alonmg with tech stuff but I am lost here.
I am on windows pc. I ran CMD and ssh ip -l rootā€¦ now i am connected to minix.
I create project folder and than:
git clone https://github.com/CoreELEC/u-boot.git
-sh: git: not found
I stop on first step

now I read further and see I can brick it also! :slight_smile: is there a simple instruction or any other way to make my CEC working and not bricking?

thanks!

The answers are:

1. There isnā€™t one.
  2. Everything you need is already on the Mac.
  3. It is a bit more complicated but well explained here on the LibreElec wiki:
    https://wiki.libreelec.tv/installation#installing_using_mac_osx

Hi,

The following output is what I get when running the commands, so it looks like itā€™s cleared the boot loader.

CoreELEC:~ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/env bs=8M count=1 && sync
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
8388608 bytes (8.0MB) copied, 0.143792 seconds, 55.6MB/s

CoreELEC:~ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/bootloader
dd: writing ā€˜/dev/bootloaderā€™: No space left on device
8193+0 records in
8192+0 records out
4194304 bytes (4.0MB) copied, 0.171327 seconds, 23.3MB/s
CoreELEC:~ #

On reboot though, I no longer get any splash screen and CoreElec no longer boots. So it appears Iā€™ve bricked the device. I suspect I should have just run the next command straight away instead doing what the instructions say, and reboot first
dd if=/flash/u-boot.bin of=/dev/bootloader bs=512 seek=1 && sync

When u-boot got deleted you need the bootable SD card as written in the wiki. When booted from this card write the new u-boot.bin to the eMMC.

Perfect, thanks for the tip. I read that if you already have CoreElec then you only need to do the ā€œupgradeā€ part of the wiki. I guess I misunderstood that. Thanks

I presume to clear sector 0 on the SD Card afterwards, assuming SD Card is /dev/sdc itā€™s just
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc conv=fsync,notrunc bs=1 count=444
or would the following be enough
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc bs=512 count=1

My SD Card I will use for the bootable is a storage card I use in an android tablet. Donā€™t want it to try and boot off that SD Card later on.

This is the description how to make the SD card bootable: https://github.com/CoreELEC/u-boot/wiki#create-a-bootable-micro-sd-card

Yes, thanks Iā€™ve got it all sorted after following your instructions. CoreElec is booting up on my 64gb SD Card and Iā€™ve upgraded the eMMC uboot as well so I can now power off/on from the remote. I just want to know how to remove uboot.bin.sd.bin from the bootable 32gb SD Card I made so that it can go back into the tablet as storage

remove u-bot.bin.sd.bin:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX bs=1 count=444
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX bs=512 skip=1 seek=1 count=2047

Great, thanks. Iā€™ve got the uboot done and the IR remote that came with it is working now, but when I have bluetooth enabled for my Harmony Hub remote, the player/CoreELEC will not go into standby, it will just wake up immediately. Even if I try shutdown for a full power off, it will immediately power on again and it looks like itā€™s just done a reboot. Itā€™s as though bluetooth immediately wakes up the device

My USB-USB cable was not workingā€¦ so i bought a new one and my box is now unbricked and coreelec on nand.

suspend mode activated

to activate wol on coreelec i Mount the /flash as read/write but when i Write 1 to the wol parameter i have this :

Couldnā€™t open blob from ā€˜/flash/dtb.imgā€™: No such file or directory

How can i put the dtb in the flash???

mount -o remount,rw /flash to mount it with read/write permission

already done ā€¦ it s the step before in the guideā€¦

oh, I missed that no such fileā€¦
Is it installed on internal?