H96 Pro+ S912 Standby mode

Here is the log: screenlog.0 (134.7 KB)

1. Starts Coreelec with freshly plugged in power supply. (Blue light turns on)
  2. Coreelec shuts down
  3. Press the power button once: short blue light
  4. Press the power button a second time (Blue light turns on): Android starts (Log ends at half of the boot process)

Nothing is connected via USB.
Strangely the box starts when UART adapter is reading, Android and not Coreelec?! I mean, I hadn’t had that before.

** Bad device mmc 0 **
(Re)start USB…
USB0: USB3.0 XHCI init start
Register 3000140 NbrPorts 3
Starting the controller
USB XHCI 1.00
scanning bus 0 for devices… 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning usb for storage devices… 0 Storage Device(s) found
** Bad device usb 0 **

Does that mean something?

With 600Mhz it takes quite a long time to change paths (external hard disk) in the file manager. In other words it always hangs up for a few seconds (annoys quite a bit). I can’t say to 100% whether it’s because of it. I haven’t noticed any other artefacts yet.
I have completely rebuilt Coreelec to avoid any related problems.

Edit: Strangely enough, the problem just disappeared?!

:wink:

I have seen this stucking of the system also with a class 4 SD card. With a class 10 SD card the problem was gone.

I didn’t notice it was a slow class 4. I have now replaced it with a class 10 and everything runs smoothly, thanks!

@Portisch hi, and hi to all,
in your first post you said that you are able to supend/standby the H96 pro+ and reactive it with power button on original remote controller. This is all I need, but I can’t. I remove strings in config.sleep.id. So I’m able to suspend. But I can’t reactivate the device…which command I need to input for power button to reactivate the device? I tried
0x140 KEY_exit suspend
and
0x140 KEY_wakeup
but it doesn’t work
infinite thanks

You have to upgrade u-boot:

On the release page you will find ready to use binaries.

Do I have to follow every the entire guide, or just "Upgrade u-boot.bin"?
However when I gave " reboot update" the system it’s gone to brick. I can’t see anymore android or coreelec…any suggestion?

Only the upgrade part. You can use also the “toothpick” method to boot the second SD card. I have done this here every time.

thanks for your support. i’ll try it
EDIT sorry I was re-reading your post…Do I need two SD card? What should the second card contain? both with coreelec?

Just created a new CE SD card and write the u-boot.sd.bin to sector 0. You just need it to upgrade u-boot.

Hi,

I don’t quite follow the instructions. Do I boot into Android to delete the u-boot.bin from eMMC? I run CoreELEC from an SD Card. When I boot CoreELEC from the SD Card, there is no /dev/env or /dev/bootloader.

Are we assuming that CoreELEC is installed to the eMMC?

Thanks

All instructions can be found here:

When they are not mounted, no. What is the output when you enter: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/env bs=8M count=1 && sync
and dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/bootloader?

Please remember when entering these commands the u-boot loader get deleted and you will need the bootable sd card the continue!

Ah, of course. Thanks. Too late in the evening and assumed they were mounted on boot.

I have a bootable SD card already. I have booted off that card and am into CoreElec. I can SSH to the device, so presume that I am no in a position to just follow your steps.

The following output is what I get when running the commands, so it looks like it’s cleared the boot loader.

CoreELEC:~ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/env bs=8M count=1 && sync
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
8388608 bytes (8.0MB) copied, 0.143792 seconds, 55.6MB/s

CoreELEC:~ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/bootloader
dd: writing ‘/dev/bootloader’: No space left on device
8193+0 records in
8192+0 records out
4194304 bytes (4.0MB) copied, 0.171327 seconds, 23.3MB/s
CoreELEC:~ #

On reboot though, I no longer get any splash screen and CoreElec no longer boots. So it appears I’ve bricked the device. I suspect I should have just run the next command straight away instead of rebooting
dd if=/flash/u-boot.bin of=/dev/bootloader bs=512 seek=1 && sync

Hi Portisch,
is this working with coreelec install on nand ?

thx

Yes, it is. You just have one bootable SD card.

I found that the khadas/u-boot procedure might be sufficient for Ubuntu 14.04 but because the gcc-4.9-aarch64-linux-gnu toolset is not installed as the default for aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc when the khadas command:
sudo apt-get install gcc-4.9-aarch64-linux-gnu
is run, the following additional step is required:
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc-4.9 /usr/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc

Once this is done, the u-boot can be compiled under 16.04.

This is not sufficient for a successful compile under Ubuntu 18.04.1 because the 4.9 aarch64 compiler is not available from the standard repos and the installed version (7) fails.

For Ubuntu 18.04:

sudo apt-get install gcc-5-aarch64-linux-gnu
sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-none-eabi
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc /usr/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc-5 50
sudo update-alternatives --config aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc

Just worked for me!

THX,
I m sorry I m a noob with command lines…

I try it but I have an issue with the git clone command… I m working on a macbookpro,
I try to install git 2.21 , install ok but when I use the git --version command I have this:

~ utilisateur$ git --version
xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

git is missing?
is there a way to get the U-Boot already compiled ?

(noname)H96Pro+ 3G/32G
coreelec 9.0.1 on nand