ODROID-N2 CoreELEC Edition!

Hi,
I’ve some C2 and Xu4 emmc spare, could one of those work on N2?
Thanks!

C2 eMMC is compatible.

Cool! Thank you :+1:

Ameridroid starting to ship!

Any information about companies that ship Coreelec edition through EU (not just Germany/Austria) and does not take x2 costs that HK does?

Yes. Ameridroid has shipped my package too. Will update upon receiving the same.

I want to buy, can it be ordered via Lazada? I am from Indonesia.

In the end I decided to buy on odroid.co.uk and very well. I ordered last Friday and, on Monday, I had my new N2 at home.
So, one more with Odroid N2 and Coreelec in emmc.

1 Like

Hello guys, so my Odroid N2 2GB Coreelec edition got delivered today here in India. Thankfully didn’t get to pay any custom duty, got away with it.

Coming to the unit. It booted fine, but somehow I’m not able to connect it to internet. Ethernet is showing connected. But no internet. I have connected it to non gigabit router. Is this the problem?

Coreelec is running on nightly. Will try to flash stable version tomorrow.

Thanks

This is not a support thread, create a post in the N2 subforum if you need help.

Just got my CoreELEC N2s today and configured them to replace an old C2 and RPi2…Wow! GUI navigation and skipping through videos is SO much faster. No 4k display (yet) but that’s planned. Video quality looks excellent. I got emmcs and they are so speedy.

Nice job on CoreELEC!

For others in Canada…It took 6 days from the time I ordered for delivery. Had to pay GST (no PST here :smile:) and $17 to DHL for monopolistic extortion fees aka customs and processing fees.

Amerdroid is out of stock of both the 2gb and 4gb versions. Mine is on backorder with no indication of when stock is arriving.

Shoog

@Shoog how long ago did you order. I ordered 3 day ago. And when asked about ship date they said:

The ODROID-N2 CoreElec Edition is still a preorder item. We are expecting our shipment of this item in the next week, at which we will be shipping them to our prepaid customers in the order that orders were received. Thank you very much for your business and your patience

I ordered on monday. It encouraging that they at least have a scheduled date.

Shoog

FYI,
Ameridroid is expecting their shipment on Tuesday, then they will be shipped out to us.
So excited…updating from s812 box

Thinking about buying another N2 for the guest room. What a deal, saves a few bucks on buying power supply and cover. Though I use an eMMC imaged by a USB writer so the 8GB SD card will just end up in the junk drawer. Don’t know why they put an SD card in there, should have increased the price a bit and put a 16GB eMMC in there instead.

I can’t say I noticed much of a different going from the SD card to emmc with Coreelec. It was plenty far on the SD.

@CraigHB you won’t gain much benefit from using an eMMC, the OS is copied to RAM when you boot.

The only thing that would be faster is updates which rarely happen with the stable branch.

Most operations are all read ops ie the loading of artwork and as such SD cards are very good with read speeds, save yourself a few bucks and stick with the SD :wink:, you don’t see the RPi users ever complain about speeds.

Even if it’s not a matter of speed I prefer eMMC since it’s a lot more reliable. SD cards seem to fail a lot. I’ll take any opportunity to avoid a failed device, nothing more annoying when you go to use something and it doesn’t work.

SD cards are more convenient, but it’s pretty simple to remove and replace the eMMC on the N2, just slide the cover off and on. I have a USB writer for my eMMC so writing images is the same in terms of hassle, though eMMC writes a lot faster.

I do appreciate the faster boot with eMMC since I do a full shutdown when not using the device and for sure it makes a difference there. Though at some point I may run a TVHeadend server on the N2 in which case it will be on all the time.

I don’t know what grade of SD card they’re using on the CE edition, but I’ve had to scrutinize listings when buying SD cards to make sure they’re the fastest available speed. The lower grade ones can be pretty darn slow, even slower than old USB 2.0 drives. Even if it is the fastest grade I don’t have much use for an 8GB card, the ones I use for other devices are 32GB and up. So like I said the card included in the CE edition would end up in the junk drawer.

1 Like

I’m also in Canada. Have you gotten your N2 from Ameridroid using Globegistics? How long does it take? And how about the tax? Thank you in advance!