ODROID-N2 CoreELEC Edition!

Hello everybody,

I’m new here. From India, just ordered Odroid N2 Coreelec edition. I’m glad that you guys launched this thing. Just great. Ordered from Ameridroid, not via official HK website as shipping cost was around 15$ higher, in addition to that, I came across 5$ off coupon. So great deal. Final price 77.90$.

Was waiting for Khadas Vim3L earlier. I think N2 is better, isn’t it?

Thanks again

1 Like

The VIM3L will be based on S905D3, the N2 is based on S922X. It’s a lot faster.

1 Like

Thats definately a winner in terms of price.

Shoog

1 Like

@tinny9 you are correct in that Ameridroid is probably the cheapest way to get the CoreELEC package but maybe not the fastest as they are not shipping until September.

Great price nonetheless and thanks for sharing the discount hint.

1 Like

I mailed Odroid UK to ask if they were participating and they replied:

“We will be receiving stock of ODROID CoreELEC Edition next week.
This item will appear on our website shortly - please check tomorrow for further details.”

1 Like

Would I loose much performance if going with this setup vs OS installed directly on emmc?

Technically eMMC is always faster than uSD and more reliable, nevertheless CE works very well on uSD. But still I’d recommend eMMC if budget permits, 16+GB is faster than 8GB.

1 Like

Boot up and upgrade times are where you notice it most. Loading loads of thumbnails is also noticeably slower on SD.

Shoog

High speed usb stick(300MB/s~400MB/s)>eMMC(200MB/s)>SD(<100MB/s).

I will not tell U how fast the CE running on a Samsung Bar+ :rofl:

odroid.co.uk bundle deal is now up.

£79.91 for the 2GB bundle vs £85.89 if purchased individually, a £5.98 saving.

odroid.co.uk has always been expensive, unfortunately there is nothing we can do about what price they choose to charge.

It would be cheaper to order from either Hardkernel directly or via Ameridroid with the discount code in my previous post.

2GB N2 +uk psu + case + 8GB microsd + coreelec sticker is £84.61 delivered
2GB N2 +uk psu + case is £80.70 delivered
2GB N2 +16GBemmc + uk psu + case is £100.67 delivered

Unless you actually want an 8GB micro sd this isn’t the best option.

current coreelec box is always on. And I fetch everything through embyCon… Might just go with the bundle package.

I’ve calculated the options from Odroid UK, Hardkernel and Ameridroid for the 2Gb bundle delivered to the UK. Users from other countries may well find better deals and lower import charges.

Odroid UK - £84.81 inc First class signed delivery charge, all taxes included.

Hardkernel - £53.22 + £18.71 shipping + 20% VAT Guaranteed = £86.31 + £10 Courier handling fee = £96.31

Ameridroid

Cheapest option (with CNXSUPPORTER5 discount code) - £76.54 + £1 for ac converter (Poundland) - £77.54 (Globegistics eCom Packet 7-14 days delivery, speed not guaranteed, not insured)

Alternative option (with CNXSUPPORTER5 discount code) - £87.47 + £1 for ac converter (Poundland) - £88.47 (USPS First-Class Package International (Using First Class Mail International, deliveries generally take between 7–21 days to arrive, although the USPS does not guarantee delivery dates or times. Mail may travel to its destination by ground, air or a combination of both)

The 2 caveats to Ameridroid is that you may find that surface shipping could avoid customs charges and that courier handling charges are not certain as the courier that delivers to your actual door could be varied. Royal Mail will add an £8 handling charge if subject to VAT charges.

Hardkernel supply 12v/2a AC, Odroid UK supply 12v/1,5a AC. Correction, Odroid UK also supplying 12v/2a AC with this particular deal

UK plug AC not an available option from Ameridroid.

So the cheapest is Ameridroid by £7.27 if import and handling charges are avoided.

1 Like

Great post @Compent but it is worth noting that your post is representative for UK users only, which represents only a small portion of the total CE user database.

The best option for different users will vary from region to region, with taxes varying and not all users being eligible for receiving customs charges.

It is advisable for anybody considering buying this package to check out the different options that are available.

Yes, I shall amend to show that it is from a UK user perspective.

1 Like

Great deal but 4gb model (shipping to Turkey included) is $118.95 + custom fees
I wish this deal came up earlier because my friend came to Turkey this month.
He could have bought this for me.

Using the N2 with CoreELEC doesn’t really need 4GB of RAM so you can save a little with getting the 2GB version…

1 Like

Do you think there are some things that would benefit from 4gb? Maybe android or some retro gaming?

I am trying to do this as cheap as I can, but at the same time would hate to regret it down the road only getting 2gb.