Is now a good time to make the move from LE

Hi, I’ve been a long time user if LE on s912 device I use wrxtasy forced 10bit 1000nit build… is now a good time to update to the latest core elec build, I mainly use it to play locally stored 4K 10bit hdr content and I would like to keep the auto switching resolution and colourspace?
Thanks in advance

Try both and YOU decide which is best for YOU.

No one else can decide for you. :wink:

Until recently I had been using the same wrxtasy build on my S912 boxes for day to day use, trying every nightly build of Coreelec to make comparison.

Recent builds have bought CE to the sane level as LE and now I use it exclusively, updating each nightly release.

1 Like

Just to be sure, install CE to a different usb

Now Leia is final I would say its an appropriate time now to make the jump as updates should be trouble free from now on.

Thanks for the replies guys… I have le installed to internal, can I create a sd card with core elec and then ssh installtointernal to overwrite le?

Yes that will work.

1 Like

Finally made the switch over to ce and everything went very smoothly and works perfectly, I have to say after always visiting the site on my phone I was very impressed with the desktop version of the website and the download helper made the whole process so easy.
I’ve used it for couple of days now and watched both 4k and 1080p content and switching works flawlessly and tv detects hdr and correct colour space etc
I’m using a mecool m8s pro s912 3gb and I would 100% recommend people using le to update now.
Thank you for all the time and hard work you devs put into this!

2 Likes