How to configure VFD

Hello. I also have a mini x3 that hasn’t made VFD work yet. Please help me. thank you

Nobody can help you if you not provide the information needed…

1 Like

I have the original rom of the eachlink x3 mini box. Please help me.x3mini

I stumbled on this post How to configure VFD - #342 by ee3si
Looks like you’re out of luck’

1 Like

Following vfd works with Tanix TX3 Max running Tanix TX3 Mini firmware from 2017. Remember to save as RAW (or copy paste in vi using ssh terminal).

vfd.conf (1.1 KB)

Please, how to configure vfd for box H96 Max - S905X3 ? I tried HK1 X3 and others for X3, but display is only dark.
Many thanks.

I would need a screenshot of the following command in Android’s terminal:
cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio

I have the same box and everything is functioning perfectly. H96 max X3 is exactly the same as Bqeel Y8 max X3 and HK1 X3. So look upwards posts by @miankel (3 January and 3 March).

1 Like

HK1 X3 is the correct vfd.conf, make sure you save the raw file, don’t just “save as” on the file when viewing it in github, click the “Raw” button, then save.

1 Like

Excellent, now is display OK. Many thanks for help.

Hi there
First post from a CE newbie!

I recently decided to try and breathe new life into my Arnubox Mach 10 64bit box (Pure Linux version) after the hardware support for these units stopped a year ago and was keen to see if CE would work booting from SD. Thankfully the process ran flawlessly and for the past couple of weeks I’ve really been enjoying the new OS on the old box!

I think it may be a non-starter for this unit but I’ve tried to get the VFD working again (using the Open VFD service as instructed and trying a number of the config files) but no joy so far.
Having read through this topic I don’t think i’d be able to provide the original Android DTB as the box came pre-installed with the Linux build complete with OTA updates (support stopped at Kodi 17.6)
Unit specs: SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core Cortex A53 @ 2 GHz with ARM Mali-450MP GPU, 2GB DDR3
Installed CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.2-Generic.img with DTB file: gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.
Recently updated to 9.2-nightly_20200506.
I can post some pics of the hardware internals. I don’t think the controller is the standard FD628, it looks like chip is branded TM1628. It also looks like the unit is very similar to the SunnyBoxPro s905 which was also produced around the same period.
It’s not the end of the world if i can’t get it to work as the box is working very well!
Thanks in advance.

There’s not much I can do without a reference to how the VFD is physically configured on the board and how it’s connected to the SoC.

This is the box i believe you have except it had a proprietary closed source linux running Kodi

T95 HERE

Thanks kostaman and TheCoolest for responding so quickly.

Yes i think it’ll be tricky to get the original reference file. I think the closed source linux firmware was using Ember (a JeOS Linux distribution) created to run on older Amlogic devices. I used it a few years ago on older geniatech boxes I had to avoid running in Android, before the team fronted Armada and then rebranded to Arnubox for direct out-the-box linux Kodi devices.
I take it if I try and restore it to the referenced T95 android firmware (and the VFD works) this would help?

If it is indeed a rebranded T95, you can try this vfd.conf file and see if it works.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/arthur-liberman/vfd-configurations/master/t95m-s905-vfd.conf

Well, bizarrely i got it to work!
I hadn’t tried the T10 Max config which I’d seen someone in this thread with the Sunnybox Pro use successfully and low and behold the VFD is up and running. displaying the correct time and region with no need to modify the config or advanced settings in Open VFD.

Delighted to get it to work.
Again, thanks so much for your help!

Awesome! Glad you got it working.

Hello. I have A95X F3 Slim box with S905X3 using CoreElec 9.2.2, on vfd display always “boot”. Today I installed OpenVFD service and use a95x-f2-aml-vfd.conf from arthur-liberman github and vfd display is function. But first problem is after this with HDMI-CEC, after startup dont work, I need to change to other source on my samsung smart tv and than back to source HDMI from box and HDMI-CEC working, I can use remote from tv again but the second bigger problem is that when I use this vfd conf, videostreaming of online videos is freezing, i cant see videos because its laggy. I delete vfd.conf and disable open vfd service, reset box and work ok, hdmi-cec and playing videos without any problem.

Could you help me ?