CoreELEC 8.99.1.1

@Bindou auto update is disabled for the first 24 hours after any release so we can monitor for any issues that we have missed before updates are pushed out to our entire user database.

4 Likes

it’s a very good idea.

Hi … what is better? , auto update or burn to SD card

All seems to work well here on wetek play 2. Many thanks for fixing “frame skips when using audio delay” and “wetek dvb-t detection”. Very important for me !
Regards

1 Like

Does this exclude the need for “dirtyregions” in Advancedsettings.xml?
Will try it tonight…

Edit:
Unfortunately it does not work on my X92_S912 box. It’s even worse than with “smartredraw”.
Now it “jerks” twice with every subtittle appereance, as opposed to smartredrow, when it “jerks” only once.
So, “dirtyregions” is still my only option to avoid subtittle stutter :frowning:

1 Like

I have the same problem when upgrading my M8S II.
It is stuck on the booting screen.
Replacing the dtb.img did not help :(.
Is it possible to recover my data?

Anyone know if it works with the 905X2 ?
http://www.bee-link.com/Beelink-MiniPC-TV-BOX-123-1.html

Yes we Do. It Doesn’t its a different Processor / GPU and IS not yet supported and probably wont be for a while

@Fenderman you can go back to the previous release without losing your data by replacing the SYSTEM and kernel.img files on your SD/USB.

does not work on my S912…stutters like hell :frowning:

So a sensible precaution before updating my Mini MS8 II from the final RC release would be to backup the SYSTEM and KERNEL files from the SD Card via my PC, and if the update fails I can just copy them back again? I already have full CoreELEC+Kodi backup files created from within the user interface anyway, but I don’t think that backs up the actual OS itself does it?

Andre

No it doesn’t back up the OS. A backup is only really complete if you store it with the matched install image.

Shoog

Of course I still have the install image anyway, so worst-case I can just put that back, set the network up, and then restore the Kodi backup from my server.

Andre

Hello,
Do “profiles” work in the new final ?
In beta releases profiles didnt work. You could add new profiles but coouldnt log on to them.
I need profiles to sepperate my movies from children movies in a secure way.

1 Like

I did a manual update using the S905.tar on my Odroid C2 and now it doesn’t boot. no SSH either.

1 Like

I tried to upgrade an Odroid_C2 that uses Xbox One tuner to 8.99.1: booting stopped after CoreELEC 8.99.1 message

To revert to 8.85.7, I copied corresponding image to STORAGE/.update of the eMMC, using a Linux PC

In order to avoid a repeat, I have disabled auto-update in the settings

I hope that you will be able to fix this problem without too much effort

the update automatically still does not work?

My adjusted remote key bindings doesn’t seem to work anymore. Not with the remote.conf stuff or with meson-ir. It seems the remote config is a standard one because if I disable both remote.conf and the meson-ir configuration the remote does still haves the same behaviour. it’s also not precise anymore, I have to push a button several times to get a result and then it does all the pushes in once. All with my NEC remote.
I had also my sony RMT-B127P remote configured with the meson-ir way and this one doesn’t do anything anymore (remote.conf for NEC remote is deleted). I go back to the previous coreelec version without the remote.conf feature.

By the way, I’m on a KVIM S905x

Rather than just reverting it would of been helpful if you had opened a thread on your issue so that we could try and assist you, if meson-ir was not working then you still had a copy of remote.conf in either /storage/.config or /flash, remove it from both locations and reboot and meson-ir will work as normal.

@anon88919003
indeed there was still a remote.conf on the root of my sd-card.

Sorry if I didn’t sounded polite and didn’t open a new thread. Just thought it wasn’t worth it to open a new thread for it.